Refreshing your lingerie drawer? Here are a few of our best tips:
We always begin by taking everything out of the drawer and putting matching sets together so you can see your full collection.
Start by reviewing each bra for signs of excessive wear. Look out for:
- Misshapen padded cups or rippling of the fabric
- Wrinkling on the underband, indicating that the elastic is worn out
- Bobbled or tears in the fabric, especially laces
These are probably some of your favourite bras but if they’re showing signs of excessive wear they should be let go and, as Marie Kondo says, thank your favourite bras before gently discarding them.
Thinking of buying her lingerie but don’t know where to start? Tallulah Love lingerie designer, Steph has put together a series of tips to help you choose the perfect lingerie gift for your partner.
- How to ensure you buy the right size
- How to select the right style for her (not for you!)
No. 1: Help, I don’t know her bra size!
Let’s start with the bra size, which is the most critical bit of information you’ll need. Obviously you can just ask her but if you want to find out yourself then keep these 3 things in mind:
- First thing you need to know is that all women have multiple sizes in their closets/drawers and bras are no exception. So here you need to focus on the bras she’s wearing at the moment. Don’t bother with the ones at the back of the drawer as she hasn’t worn those in a while.
Top Tip: It might be at the bottom of the laundry basket waiting to be hand washed.
- Secondly, try to look at more than one bra because sizes can vary across styles and brands but remember that the one she’s wearing now is the best guide.
- Now, find the tag with a number and a letter or two letters. e.g. 34D. Get your phone out and take a quick picture as it’s easy to get mixed up.
So now you’re armed with the critical info; that’s the first step – well done!
No. 2: Help, I don’t know what kind of lingerie to buy her!
Let’s remember that this is a gift for her and not for you. Beautiful lingerie should make a woman feel good. You might be tempted to purchase the hottest set, which may work for her, but there are 3 things I would like you to think about.
- Firstly, let’s think about colour.
If her drawer is mainly neutrals then stay around this colour palette. If her drawer is a mix of colour and neutrals, you can branch out and look for colour (pink, blue, red, which colour is mainly present?)
2. Secondly, let’s think about style. Keeping things simple, padded or non-padded?
A soft cup (non-padded) bra may contain an underwire, and it will be completely flat. On the other hand, a padded bra is shapely compared to a soft bra. You should note which style she prefers.
3. Thirdly, a matching set is a necessity!
You need to note what style knicker she likes to wear: brief or thong, Most women have a preference but if your partner wears both, you can make the set an extra treat by including one of each!